In 2015, we at Lumi want to be inspired whilst also inspiring others! And how can we do this? By learning. By reading, listening to, and hearing other people’s stories of courage, hard work, persistence, and consistency. One of the best ways we can be motivated in our lives is to see that other people are doing and have done amazing things, and it’s completely possible for us to do the same!
In 2015, we want encourage you to seek inspiration through hearing the stories of other women – including what the world may see as ‘ordinary’ women – who have done phenomenal things in all walks of life. Because all of us – all women – have a story to tell. Here’s our list of the books we are planning on reading in 2015:
1. Hard Choices by Hilary Clinton
2. Daring and Disruptive by Lisa Messenger
3. Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
4. Mighty Be Our Powers by Leymah Gbowee
5. Shine by Samantha Armitage
6. Do It Anyway by Courtney E. Martin
7. The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell
8. Bossypants by Tina Fey
9. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
10. What on Earth Am I Here For? by Rick Warren
So get out there and get reading, ladies! And get ready to be inspired.